WORX WG927E Cordless Lawnmower and Trimmer Review
As summer approaches, the hunt for new supplies to keep our garden’s in pristine condition draws closer- and the first step is making sure our lawns are neatly trimmed. Whether you already have a lawnmower and you’re looking for a replacement, or are ready to invest in your first one, searching for the perfect machine can be a tedious task.
There are a few key things you need to establish before you search:
- How much grass do I need to trim? If you have large areas to cover (around over 900m²), then you want to avoid cordless lawnmowers- they usually have limited battery life and will not provide the average user with enough time to finish their lawn
- Do I need the result to be perfect? This is important- sometimes, you don’t even need a trimmer. This is for people who want to trim down edges which lawnmowers can’t reach. If you aren’t so particular about them, then we recommend you don’t buy a trimmer- unless you find a bargain
- Do I have space to store it? If you don’t have a garage or you have limited garden space, look for a lawnmower with vertical storage- this makes it collapsible or able to be stowed away into small places
Today, we’ll be reviewing the WORX WG927E- which is a dual set of both a cordless lawnmower and a cordless trimmer. As mentioned before, we do recommend this for people with smaller back gardens. As a rule of thumb; battery-powered machines are limited in usage time, while cord lawnmowers can be used as much as needed.
Read on to learn about our thoughts on this product.
What We Love- and Don’t Love
The WG927E is a widely loved and renowned product in the market- with a rating of 4.5/5 on Amazon alone, from almost 400 reviews, this machine is definitely a big deal.
There are loads of user claims, but the best aspects of this lawnmower which we agree on are: its easy maneuverability, it’s super lightweight, and it’s pretty quiet too! Lawnmowers are definitely not the quietest machines around, but this is definitely one of the more *well-behaved* ones out there. It may down to the cordless feature- there’s, in essence, less power input- so there’s less room for unnecessary, noisy power output.
- Very quiet in comparison to other lawnmowers on the market
- Great value for the quality and energy efficiency offered
- No dangerous cords to keep an eye on
- Performs well on damp grass
- Very short battery life
- Less durable and sturdy materials used
- The battery needs to be replaced or recharged often
- Everything You Need: This product comes with everything you need, making it great for both hobbyists as well as starters. When you buy the WORX WG927E Combo kit, you get both a cordless lawnmower and grass trimmer (for rough, missed edges). The maximum grass lengths for these is great too- with the lawnmower allowing for grass up to 34cm in length, and the trimmer allowing for grass up to 25cm in length. In addition, you get two 20V lithium-ion batteries (which are required and included), and one dual-port charger.
- Powerful: The requirement and usage of two 20-volt lithium-ion batteries mean you get much more power from a usually weaker machine in comparison to its corded counterparts. While WORX does claim that this feature gives the lawnmower extended runtime, we disagree- this runtime of this lawnmower (and the trimmer) is only about half an hour- which is definitely not enough for most of us. If you have smaller lawns, or you’re quick at the job, then this still a great pick of a product for you.
- Adaptable and Versatile: This combo kit uses “Intellicut” technology, whereby the lawnmower is able to adjust its power and speed based on the grass conditions. This has proven great on even wet grass- which is where a lot of lawnmowers start to deteriorate and under-perform. You can also select the desired length of the cut grass, with 5 settings to choose from between 2-6cm. The conversion between trimming and edge cutting is also super quick and easy.
- Get Creative! With 5 length settings to choose from, and innovative deck design, you are able to cut to the right edge- there’s a rear roller fitted into this machine too- giving you those refreshing, football-pitch style stripes.
- Large Collection Capacity: In comparison to the EGO Power-Plus we talked about before, which has a 50-litre grass collection capacity, this lawnmower seems like third place. However, the standard collection capacity found on most lawnmowers is only about 25 litres! This machine gives you a roomy, comfortable 30-litre storage box for your garden waste.
- Auto-Feed: To provide less downtime, the WG157E features auto-feed for optimal maintenance quality.
- 90° Pivot Head: You don’t have to even worry about switching around between a cutter and lawnmower- this product features a handy 90-degree pivoting head, in addition to a comfortable shaft. The pair of these useful features allow you to get into hard-to-reach areas and give you a clean, crisp lawn.
- Interchangeable Batteries: Additionally, the batteries are interchangeable with other 20V WORX tools thanks to an innovative Power Share platform. We tried this out, and it works just fine. It’s really useful if you don’t want to keep repurchasing the same components.
Take a good look at the specifications of this lawnmower and trimmer, and make sure you understand the benefits you’ll experience:
|Batteries||2 Lithium-Ion; required; included|
|Maximum Grass Length||Lawnmower: (34cm); Trimmer (25cm)|
Included in the Purchase of this Set:
- The WORX Dual Battery Cordless Lawn Mower
- The WORX Cordless Grass Trimmer
- 2, 20-Volt Batteries
- A Dual port charger
As a whole- we did like this lawnmower and trimmer.
Not only is it great value, considering you get two appliances in one price- with accessories included- but it’s also qualitative. It is durable enough to withstand any grass conditions, no matter how wet or wild they are.
This product is able to withstand wet, muddy conditions and is also able to tame extremely unruly grass. We tested it in a field- is that allowed? Oh well.
We wouldn’t say this “entry-level”, or “a starter pack”- because, in all honesty, it’s great for even the most enthusiastic hobbyists.
There are features that would be used more often by experienced users, such as the 90-degree swivel head.
The rear roller is designed to enable the user to create stripes, which is something that beginners don’t often do until they’re comfortable with the machine. So really, this product is great for anyone who wants to make a single purchase and get right down to the task.
The WG779E is a perfect mower for anyone with a small garden- we don’t recommend it to anyone with lawns larger than 800m², simply because it just won’t last you. It runs for about half-an-hour, and the average person takes around 45 minutes for a small to medium-sized garden.
All in all, this a great choice for most users, certainly for those with little lawn space.
- Mower - Intellicut - Technology keeps constant cutting power even in dense grass
- Mower - cut to edge Design reduces uncut grass around edges
- Grass trimmer - auto feed allows uninterrupted feed of Spool
- Grass trimmer - Converts from trimmer to edger in seconds
- Part of the WORX power Share battery platform allowing you to interchange your batteries with your other 20V WORX tools.
Last Updated on