Top 3 Roller Lawn Mowers
For many people, a striped lawn is the perfect finishing touch for a well designed garden. Technology has improved a lot recently, and now there are a number of cheap and affordable lawn mowers that come complete with a roller for stripes.
Have a look at this article for the top petrol mowers with rear rollers.
The only question is, which one do you want? To help answer this question, here’s a look at the best lawn mowers with rollers for stripes on the market today.
Bosch Rotak 32R Review – Our Number 1
The Bosch Rotak 32R (learn more here!) is a powerful electric mower with a number of features designed to offer customisation and flexibility, which includes the ability to create stunning striped lawns. Here’s a closer look at what else it has to offer:
- With a 32cm cutting width, the blade on this lawnmower is ideal for a number of garden sizes.
- At 3600rpm, the blade spins fast enough to make easy work of even the toughest lawns.
- The rolling stripes are on the rear, allowing for the most control – it also helps prevent scalping, providing a high quality finish.
- At 35.5 x 6.5 x 6.5cm, this is a surprisingly small and sleek design, considering the size of the blade.
- It also has adjustable cutting heights, ranging from 20 to 60 mm so, in addition to striped lawns, you also have control over the height of your grass.
- Similarly, the 31 litre storage tank is a decent size. You might need to empty it during larger excursions, but the tank is more than enough for most medium and small gardens.
- At 7kg, it’s easy to pick up and move around if you need to. Even with a full load of clippings, the weight never feels like an issue.
All in all, this is some superb value for money. Lots of care has been taken to ensure this device is easy to use from the start, thanks to its lightweight design, practical features and over all quality.
Features: 3600rpm – Rear Rolling Stripes – 31 Litre Storage And Collection – 32cm Cutting Width – 35.5 x 6.5 x 6.5cm – 7kg
Flymo Visimo Review – Number 2
The Flymo Visimo is a budget plug-in mower that offers the ability to create fantastic striped lawns. Despite its low cost, there are a number of features here that make it worth looking at. Here are its most unique properties:
- This lawnmower also has a 32cm cutting blade, which is more than enough to handle most lawns, as well as providing ideally sized stripes.
- With a 10m cable, this electric plug-in mower can reach most parts of your garden with ease.
- Its dimensional size of 61.8 x 38.2 x 32cm is surprisingly agile, as this mower never feels too big or bulky when in use.
- There are adjustable cutting heights on this product so, alongside offering striped lawns, you can customise your lawn with cutting heights between 20 to 60cm.
- The 29 litre storage tank is a reasonable size and can handle large loads before it needs to be emptied.
- What is appreciated the most, however, is the clear material used at the top of the mower, looking into the tank. This way, you can tell exactly when your storage tank needs emptying, rather than just guessing.
- At 10kg it’s also reasonable size to push and never feels too heavy.
All in all, it’s hard to find a fault with this product. Everything is designed to be simple to use and the number of little features, such as adjustable heights and a clear section to look into the tank, are more useful than you might originally think.
Features: 10m cable – Rolling Stripes – 29 Litre Storage And Collection – 32cm Cutting Width – 61.8 x 38.2 x 32cm – 10kg
Flymo Chevron Review – Number 3
- This mower has a cutting width of 34m, which is a little bigger than the average, making it ideal for larger, open spaces.
- The 12m cable offers plenty of reach.
- In terms of size, this product is sized at 79.2 x 40.8 x 30cm, mostly to accommodate the bigger blade and storage tank. Still, it’s relatively compact considering what it has to offer.
- There are 5 cutting heights, ranging from 20 to 60 mm, helping to offer further customisation with your stripes.
- At 11kg, this is a little heavier than most mowers, but it certainly never becomes a problem during use.
- The 40 litre storage compartment is highly useful, able to store quite a lot before it needs emptying. For medium sized gardens and anything smaller, you often don’t need to empty it until you’ve completely finished.
- Another Flymo mower, this device also has a clear section so you can see exactly how many cuttings are in your tank, as well as when it needs to be emptied out.
This is exactly what you would expect from a quality Flymo mower. The product is well designed and has enough features to help you customise your lawn the way you want it. Similarly, with a large tank, plenty of consideration has gone into making the process of mowing the lawn as quick and efficient as possible.
Features: 12m Cable – Rolling Stripes – 40 Litre Storage And Collection – 34cm Cutting Width – 79.2 x 40.8 x 39cm – 11kg
It’s clear there are a number of great options available right now but, after looking at the very best, the Bosch Rotak 32R has earned the top position on this list. For a very agreeable price tag, the Rotak offers some fantastic features. With a powerful motor and large tank, it makes a practical choice, while the rear stripes ensure your lawn comes out perfectly.