Makita Lawn Mower Reviews
Short On Time?
Our Recommended Makita Lawn Mower Is The Makita DLM380Z!
Makita are a well known producer of high quality lawn mowers, making both electric and petrol variants. If you’re looking for a quality name to invest in, a Makita lawn mower will offer plenty of benefits for your back garden.
The only question, of course, is which one? Makita make more than a few models, so here’s a look at their very best options.
Makita DLM380Z Review – Our Number 1
The Makita DLM380Z (learn more here!) is an affordable electric motor with plenty of convenient features on offer. Here’s a run down of its noteworthy specifications:
- With a lithium-ion battery, you have the freedom to move this mower on electric power, without having to rely on cable restrictions.
- The 38cm cutting width is an ideal size for most gardens, allowing you to mow through large areas with ease.
- Similarly, the 40 litre storage tank is very much appreciated. In smaller gardens, you don’t need to empty it until you’re finished and, even on larger areas of land, you don’t need to make too many stops.
- At 14 kg, it’s a reasonable size and the design has enough support to help push this weight, even when combined with a full tank of cuttings.
- In terms of size, this device has a slender profile and is has little difficulty getting around the garden. It’s size of 114.5 x 46.5 x 102.3cm makes it relatively easy to store away as well.
As you can see, this piece of equipment is designed to fit easily into any garden and offers plenty of practical features for the modern gardener. It’s light in weight, yet comes with a large blade and storage tank nonetheless.
Features: Lithium-Ion Battery – 40 Litre Storage And Collection – 38cm Cutting Width – 90.8 x 56.5 x 41cm – 32kg
Makita PLM5121 Lawnmower Review – Number 2
The Makita PLM5121 is a petrol mower that works well in a variety of garden sizes, offering both power and practicality. Here’s a run-down of its best features:
- This Makita mower has a 4-stroke petrol engine that provides plenty of power. This is ideal for getting up slopes or dealing with larger gardens.
- Likewise, the 51cm cutting width is a fantastic feature, allowing entire areas of lawn to be cut down at once.
- For extra versatility, this device also has 5 distinct cutting heights.
- This device also comes with a mulching feature, helping you turn your cuttings into useful fertiliser.
- Despite all these features, it still keeps a somewhat slender profile of 114.5 x 46.5 x 102.3cm, despite all its large features.
- It does weight 32kg but this never becomes a problem thanks to the powerful motor.
With a 51cm cutting blade, this lawnmower makes light work of most gardens in a short amount of time. Combined with adjustable heights and an ability to create mulch, there are additional features at work here that will please many gardeners and landscapers.
Features: 4-Stroke Petrol Engine – 51cm Cutting Width – 114.5 x 46.5 x 102.3cm – 32kg
Makita DLM380RF4 Review – Number 3
Another electric mower, the Makita DLM380RF4 is designed to offer practicality and additional versatility. There are certainly features here that will please many gardeners out there, so let’s go through its key properties:
- This device is powered by lithium-ion, giving you a great electric device that isn’t hindered be cables.
- Furthermore, this device has 4 such batteries, designed to keep down time to an absolute minimum. Great for very active gardeners!
- With a 38cm cutting width, this device is well suited for most gardens, especially those with large areas of open lawn.
- The 40 litre storage unit is also a nice touch, as the lawn mower can go for long periods of time without needing to empty the tank.
- Likewise, the mower has 6 adjustable cutting heights, ranging from 25 to 75mm.
- In terms of size, this Makita mower is surprisingly slim, with a frame of 72 x 45 x 42cm.
- As for its weight, it only weights 19kg so, even with a full storage unit, it never feels to heavy to move.
The main focus here is the 4 battery set-up, which allows the mower to endure through even long mowing sessions. That said, it still has plenty of practical features too, from its long cutting blades and big storage tank to its adjustable heights.
Features: 4 Lithium-Ion Batteries – 40 Litre Storage And Collection – 38cm Cutting Width – 72 x 45 x 42cm – 19kg
No matter which Makita model you choose, you’re buying a luxury, high-quality lawn mower that will work wonders on your garden. However, after comparing all these options, it’s clear the Makita DLM380Z has some advantage over the other designs. A great price tag, some noteworthy features and a lithium-ion design that is in-line with today’s technology, this is a mower that’s hard to ignore.