Top 3 Battery Lawn Mowers – Reviews 2017-2018
When it comes to lawn mowers, battery options are the ideal option. Battery lawn mowers bridge the cap between petrol and plug-in designs. They use electricity, not petrol, making them cheaper to run. Yet, at the same time, they’re not restricted to a cable, ensuring they can reach all corners of the garden.
If you’re looking to invest in a new battery lawn mower, there are many options available right now. This wide choice can sometimes be daunting, so here’s a look at the 3 best battery lawn mowers available.
Bosch Rotak 36 LI Ergoflex Review – Our Number 1
The Bosch Rotak 36 LI Ergoflex (learn more here!) is a cordless mower designed to be as efficient and effective as possible. It’s very easy to use and has a number of features that make it highly convenient. Here’s a closer look at what it has to offer:
- The 36v lithium-ion battery is very powerful and the lawn mower lasts for quite a long time on a single charge.
- Furthermore, it only takes 90 minutes to recharge, so you don’t have to leave it charging for long periods of time.
- At 79 x 50 x 40 cm, it has a reasonable size considering all of its features.
- Similarly, at 17 kg it isn’t the lightest option, but the wheels and motor help take care of this extra weight.
- With a 40 litre storage tank, you don’t need to stop and start too often just to dispose of the cuttings.
- With a 37 cm cutting width, this easily mow down large areas of grass, making them useful on some of the largest lawns and gardens.
- A single height level offers plenty of adjustment, allowing you to cut to the desired level.
As you can see, there are quite a few features on this model. The large cutting blade and storage tank are highly practical, while the quick recharge is very much appreciated as well. All in all, it’s very easy and effortless to use.
Features: 36v Lithium-Ion Battery – 40 Litre Storage And Collection – 37cm Cutting Width – 79 x 50 x 40cm – 17kg
Bosch Rotak 32 LI Ergoflex Review – Number 2
Another Bosch option, the Rotak 32 Li Ergoflex is another cordless option that has plenty of unique features. Easy to use and get to grips with, this lawn mower has a number of unique properties of its own, including:
- With a powerful 36v lithium-ion battery, this mower can hold a charge and offers plenty of power.
- It can be charged within the hour, making it easy to recharge and keep powered up.
- With a size of 59.4 x 40.2 x 36.4 cm, it is rather small and compact, considering the side of its motor, blade and storage tank.
- It only weights 13 kg, too, making it one of the lighter electric lawn mower options available. Even when fully loaded, it’s not difficult to push or use.
- The storage tank can hold up to 31 litres of cutting, which is great for small and medium gardens. Even on larger gardens, you rarely need to empty the tank more than once or twice.
- There are a range of cutting heights, ranging from 30 to 70mm.
Great for a variety of gardens, this product has various little touches, such as the adjustable cutting heights, that offer more control and flexibility when mowing. It also comes with a large tank and a lightweight design that ensures cutting the grass is never a burden.
Features: 36v Lithium-Ion Battery – 31 Litre Storage And Collection – 32cm Cutting Width – 59.4 x 40.2 x 36.4cm – 13kg
Evopower EVO1536Li Review – Number 3
The Evopower EVO1536Li is an electric motor with an emphasis on cutting large volumes of grass with ease. Useful in a variety of situations, the Evopower mower feels easy to use and makes mowing the lawn a quick and efficient process. Here are some of its unique features:
- This mower also has a 36 lithium-ion battery and it can last quite well when mowing.
- With a size of 76.8 x 48.2 x 47.8cm, it’s quite big, but then its large cutting blade and storage tank take up the most of this useful space.
- Similarly, while it weights 16 kg, the mower is easy to use with strong, ergonomic handles that feel easy to use.
- With 6 different cutting heights, you can easily find a setting that gives you the desired results.
- As an added touch, everything stores into the mower itself, ensuring you don’t lose various components or have loose cables.
- With a 38 cm cutting blade, this is one of the biggest cutting widths available in this price range.
In short, this mower offers plenty of value. It’s 38 cm blade is a big selling point and will make this mower popular with large garden owners, as it makes cutting large expanses of grass a hassle-free task.
Features: 36v Lithium-Ion Battery – Storage Tank – 38cm Cutting Width – 76.8 x 48.2 x 47.8cm – 16kg
Clearly, there are some great battery powered options for a lawn mowers available for any sized garden. However, if you want a great option, the Bosch Rotak 36 LI Ergoflex offers some of the best value for money around. With a big storage tank, large cutting blade and a quick recharge, this mower has plenty of practical features that are just too useful to ignore.