Qualcast Lawn Mower Review
- 1 Qualcast Lawn Mower Review
- 1.1 The Qualcast Corded Cylinder Lawnmower
- 1.2 Qualcast Corded Cylinder Lawnmower – What We Think
- 1.3 Why Should I Get An Electric Cylinder Mower?
If you’ve been looking for the best lawnmowers on the market, its likely you’ve come across Qualcast’s lawnmower products. Currently, this brand is owned by Bosch and one of the leading lawnmower manufacturers in the UK, you can’t really go wrong with their reliable mowers and highly rated products. This Qualcast corded cylinder mower is highly rated on Amazon and one of the best Qualcast cylinder models on the market if you are looking for an affordable mower for your garden. You may be wondering where to start and what you should be looking for when picking your Qualcast mower, that’s why we have decided to review this corded cylinder model together so as we can help you decide if it’s the right mower for you.
The Qualcast Corded Cylinder Lawnmower
- 400 watt motor with 32 cm cutting width.
- 45 litre grass collector box.
- Adjustable height.
- Four precision ground blades for close cutting.
- Rear roller.
The Qualcast corded cylinder lawnmower has a 400 watt electric cylinder motor paired with four precision diamond ground blades for the best cutting finish. The blades on this mower have a width of 32 cm along with three different cutting heights to choose from when mowing, ranging from 1.8 cm to 4.5 cm, allowing you to get any kind of desired finish on your lawn. Its rollers are located at the front and back of the machine. This mower operates by spinning its blades against a stationary one, therefore giving a scissor like motion when cutting your grass, allowing you to cut low and neatly without damaging the grass blades.
Its split rear roller also allows you to get a striped finish on your lawn easily. There is a 45 litre grass collection box included with this mower meaning you don’t have to empty your grass clippings too frequently when mowing. Storage wise this Qualcast cylinder mower can fold easily and become very compact to store away in your garage after use, its power cord has a long length of 12 m for freedom when moving and has a two-year guarantee on the machine for purchasing confidence. There is also a safety switch included with the mower which allows you to stop the motor incase of an emergency.
Can I Get The Professional Striped Look With This Lawnmower?
Yes, the Qualcast cylinder mower will give a striped effect on your lawn due to its rear split roller, adjustable cutting heights and high quality blades. For the best stripes on your lawn you should make sure your terrain is even and cut it at least once a week to maintain the stripes. You should also make sure not to cut your grass too short with this mower, if you do your stripes may be less noticeable.
- A very durable and robust mower which is compact when folded and easy to use.
- 12 m cable allows extra freedom when mowing.
- Safety switch ensures full confidence when using the mower.
- Good cutting heights and durable blades.
- Stripes are easy to create due to rear roller.
- Cord does limit you when mowing.
- Will require user effort as its not self-propelled.
- Heavier than other similar mowers.
- Cutting heights don’t go very low.
Qualcast Corded Cylinder Lawnmower – What We Think
Overall, this Qualcast corded cylinder mower is well-designed and durable, its price is also very fair and is the perfect machine for cutting a small to medium lawn with ease. Its collection box and large cord size allows you to cover more distance with no restrictions and cutting heights are perfect for most peoples needs. This mower allows you to get those professional stripes and a smooth finish on your garden due to its roller and four grounded blades. However, if you are looking to use this corded cylinder mower on a large sized lawn, the motor power will not be enough. This machine is also limited on range due to its cord and will require much more effort from the user as its not a self-propelled mower. Another downfall of this Qualcast corded cylinder mower is its difficult assembly, this mower does not come pre-assembled and has been reported to be tricky to put together, especially its handles. So to conclude the above, if you are looking for an affordable electric cylinder mower to cut your small garden with a quality design, the Qualcast corded cylinder mower might be the right model for you.
Why Should I Get An Electric Cylinder Mower?
Electric cylinder mowers are perfect if you are looking for a luxurious finish on your small to medium garden. There are numerous benefits to cylinder and electric style mowers, not only are they better in terms of cutting quality, they are also much more environmentally friendly than gas powered mowers. We have listed out the pros and cons for both cylinder and electric style mowers below to help you decide.
- Mostly best for small to medium flat terrain lawns with light grass.
- Quieter than gas powered mowers.
- Environment friendly.
- No spark plug replacements.
- No oil changes.
- Way less maintenance than gas powered mowers.
- Relies on battery charge which is not good for big lawns.
- Battery will run out fast on sloped terrains.
- Corded models restrict freedom.
- Cleanly cuts grass with a ‘professional look’.
- Leaves stripes with roller.
- Good for small easy maintenance lawns.
- Not suitable for long rugged grass.
- Blades need a lot of maintenance.
- Can be heavy and expensive.
How Do I Maintain My Electric Mower?
Electric mowers are better than gas mowers in terms of maintenance, electric models barely need any looking after, however we have listed out a few points below to keep your electric mower in top shape.
- Battery – Try to not let your battery get completely flat and always check its compartment for any debris of unusual objects. Make sure your battery is also stored in a dry not damp place and its cord is free of knots. This will improve and maintain your mowers battery life.
- Undercarriage – Wear protective gloves and check the undercarriage of your machine regularly to ensure all is working correctly.
- Storage – Keep your mower stored in a clean and dry place, luckily for you there is no need to worry about gas leaks, just make sure its always clean and stored properly.
- Power – This may be an obvious tip but make sure your outlet matches your chargers requirements, otherwise you are at risk of frying your whole mowers battery.
- Wipe it down – It goes without saying but wipe your machine down with an old rag after use, this prevents dust or rust build up and keeps your mower looking brand new.
Overall, electric cylinder mowers are a perfect choice if you have a small garden and want a smooth professional look, you also can mow your lawn noise free and create stripes with this machine, however if you have a rugged large sized garden on an incline, try either going for a rotary petrol mower or a cylinder petrol mower.
What Do I Need To Consider Before Choosing this Qualcast Lawnmower?
There’s a couple of key points you should keep in mind before deciding on this quality mower.
Is your lawn flat?
If your lawn is uneven with lots of bumps and inclines, then this mower probably isn’t for you. This mower is best used on a flat well maintained garden, try looking for a self-propelled rotary petrol mower for a more rugged job. Are you able to push a mower which is heavier? Cylinder mowers often tend to be heavier, the wider the cutting blade, the heavier the machine will be. If you choose this model you should consider if you will be able to push this mower regularly, or you can try looking for a self-propelled mower, this can make your mowing experience much easier due the mower moving forward itself, all you have to do is adjust it to a speed you feel comfortable with. How big is your lawn? For a large lawn this electric cylinder mower would be unsuitable due to its corded feature. You would also get very tired pushing it around for a long time. The cutting width of this mower is also designed for smaller lawns, you would need a model which is cordless and has a larger width to tackle a bigger garden, or consider petrol mowers.
How To Keep Your Lawn Looking Professional
When using this lawnmower don’t cut your grass too short, if you do this you will hurt your gardens growth and lose the ability to create stripes, keep your grass higher if its often used and shorter if its more for show. You should also keep your lawn free of any debris or leaves when mowing, this not only protects your lawnmower but keeps it looking healthy. You can also try fertilising it throughout the year. When cutting your lawn also look out for any weeds, if your weed problem is too big then try to use a weed killer spray to deal with them.