Our Top Picks for Cylinder Lawn Mowers (2020)
- 1 Our Top Picks for Cylinder Lawn Mowers (2020)
- 1.1 Webb 12-in Push
- 1.2 Gardena Comfort Cylinder Mower 400
- 1.3 Einhell GC-HM 30
- 1.4 Brill Razorcut 38
- 1.5 Murray HM400 Push Mower
- 1.6 Bosch AHM 38 Mower
- 1.7 Fiskars Reel Mower
- 1.8 WOLF-Garten Cylinder Mower
Short On Time?
Our Recommended Best Cylinder Lawn Mower Is The Webb 12-in Push!
If you have a small lawn that needs cutting, you do not necessarily need to buy a petrol or electric powered mower. You can probably get away with purchasing a push mower or manual cylinder mower if your lawn is less than 150 square metres in size.
Webb 12-in Push
The Webb 12-in Push mower combines a vintage design with modern parts for an overall pleasant lawn cutting experience. The steel cylinder contains five hardened steel blades that cut grass expertly on the first pass. It is extremely lightweight and has a plastic roller which make it easy to manoeuvre. This model boasts a 30 centimetre cutting width and the cutting height is adjustable.
Purchase of the Webb 12-in Push mower comes with a 24 month warranty. This particular mower also requires little to no maintenance, which is great if you are short on time.
This mower has not changed much over the years because it is nearly perfect for the job that it is mean to do. It leaves crisp professional stripes on every lawn it cuts and lasts users a lifetime.
- The Webb 12-in Push mower is lightweight and easy to push, which is very advantageous if you have mobility issues or tire quickly from pushing bigger mowers.
- This particular model gives lawns a professional looking finish that will be sure to make all of your neighbors envious.
- Some customers have complained that the handles on this model are not very comfortable to grip.
The Webb 12-in Push mower is the perfect purchase for homeowners with small lawns. It is robust, reliable, and does exactly what it is advertised to do.
The Product Below May Be Currently Unavailable,
Our recommended alternative is The Bosch AHM 38!
Gardena Comfort Cylinder Mower 400
If you are looking for a cylinder lawn mower that will not break the bank, then the Garden Comfort Cylinder Mower may just be the perfect fit for you. Both the blade cylinder and lower blade of this mower are crafted with hardened high-quality steel that will ensure precision and accuracy when cutting your lawn. You are able to adjust the cutting height of the blades to four different heights, which gives you added customization when it comes to cutting your grass. The blades finish each blade with a shear-like cut, making sure that your lawn looks professionally mowed every time you use the Garden Comfort Cylinder Mower 400.
This particular model is extremely quiet and saves energy on top of that. The blade cylinder and the lower blade of this mower do not make contact with each other, for noiseless operation. You can mow your lawn any time of day without disturbing your neighbors! Get an early start on Sunday morning and have the lawn cut before breakfast. This mower is perfect for any lawn up to 250 square metres in size; it is effortless to use and will not make your arms tired at all. The added deflector makes sure that cut grass is ejected seamlessly from the side of the mower as you cut.
The handlebar of the Gardena Comfort Cylinder Mower 400 gives this model the “Comfort” part of this name. It is ergonomically shaped so that you can mow for long periods of time without wearing out your muscles. Not only does the ergonomic handle make it easy to push, but it also makes it comfortable to carry and transport if need be. The frame of this mower is able to fold, which makes the mower about half its original size. This way, you can easily store the Gardena Comfort Cylinder Mower 400 is extremely tight spaces.
- The folding capacity of this mower is great, especially if you have to store it in a small shed or in the boot of your car.
- This mower is extremely quiet, meaning you can cut your lawn at any time of day without disturbing your neighbors.
- Customers have noted that the Gardena Comfort Cylinder Mower is very lightweight, which is perfect if you have to carry the mower from one place to another.
- A few buyers have noted that the Gardena Comfort Cylinder Mower 400 does not cut wet grass extremely well. It definitely is better used on dry grass.
- The connector piece that is necessary for folding the handle would be better if it was made of metal than of plastic.
All in all, the Gardena Comfort Cylinder Mower 400 is a sound purchase for a family with a small to medium sized lawn. It is a joy to use and you will be surprised by just how quickly you can cut your whole lawn with this manually powered mower.
Einhell GC-HM 30
- This mower is able to give your lawn those defined stripes that professional mowers leave behind.
- The Einhell GC-HM 30 is easy to push and will not leave you exhausted after mowing your lawn.
- Most customers are not happy with the grass collector; some have noted that it is difficult to attach and detach from the mower itself.
- Some buyers have complained that initially putting the Einhell GC-HM 30 together is difficult; there is a steep learning curve and the provided instructions are not the best.
The Einhell GC-HM 30 is an extremely affordable mower that is easy to use. It is perfect for small lawns that are smaller than 150 square metres and will keep your yard looking freshly trimmed for years and years to come.
Brill Razorcut 38
The Razorcut 38 Reel Push Mower from Brill is one of the lightest cylinder mowers on the market in the UK today. This German made mower is plastic and aluminium in its construction and is even foldable so that you can store it in the smallest of spaces. The powder coat that is applied to the aluminium body extends its longevity. This mower has five blades that stay sharp for up to eight years. Other comparable blades on mowers such as this one only last for around three blades.
The Brill Razorcut 38 is fitted with ergonomic rubber foam handles and large wheels to ensure a comfortable mowing experience for the operator. One added feature that is unique to this particular model is a flower guard. This prevents the blades of the mower from damaging flowers and other nearby plants.
The Brill Razorcut 38 only takes about ten minutes to assemble once you get it out of the box!
- This lawn mower is extremely affordable and perfect for small lawns that are smaller than 150 square metres in size.
- If you have to store the mower in the boot of a car or small shed, this is the mower for you. The handles completely fold into the body of the mower so that it takes up a very small amount of space.
- This particular model cannot cut through thick grass such as St. Augustine, Zoysia, or Bermuda varieties.
- The maximum cutting height of this mower is still pretty short, which is definitely a downside if users want to vary their mowing experience.
The Brill Razorcut 38 cylinder mower is the perfect purchase for those with small lawns. It is lightweight and easy to push, which makes it especially great for those with mobility issues.
Murray HM400 Push Mower
The Murray HM400 Push Cylinder Mower is a modern and sleek model that is perfectly suited to those who want to have complete control over their lawn cutting experience. It utilises several special features that allow for seamless lawn mowing for the operator.
The cutting height is adjustable with this model which allows you to customise how your lawn looks. The handle of the Murray HM400 is padded with rubberised foam for an ergonomic, comfortable grip. This lawn mower also comes with a detachable collection bag that holds up to 20 litres of clippings. This is great if you would rather not have clippings on your freshly mowed lawn.
The blades on this mower are sharpened steel, which will last you for years and years to come.
- The Murray HM400 Push Cylinder Mower is so lightweight. Pushing it is incredibly easy and you will not grow too tired after cutting your entire lawn.
- This particular model is extremely quiet when in use, which means that you can mow your lawn any day of the week at any time of day without bothering your neighbors.
- Some buyers have complained that the plastic components on this model are not very well made.
If you are looking for an impressive cylinder mower with strong steel blades, then you need not look further than the Muray HM400 Push Cylinder Mower.
Bosch AHM 38 Mower
Bosch is a leader in top of the line lawn mower manufacturing, and the AHM 38 model fits into its product range seamlessly. This particular model of cylinder lawn mower lends itself to a precise, clean but for all lawns that are on the smaller side (or less than 150 square metres in size). The horizontally mounted cylinder of steel blades cut grass against a fixed bottom blade. This results in a razor sharp scissor-like cut. The cutting height is also adjustable, giving you even more control over your cutting experience. The rear cylinder finishes your lawn with those professional looking stripes, which is great if a proper finish is important to you.
The Bosch AHM 38 is super lightweight; weighing in at only seven kilograms means that it is incredibly easy to push and you will not exhaust yourself mowing your entire lawn. Purchase of this mower comes with a 25 litre grass box which allows you to collect clippings from your whole lawn without having to empty it multiple times.
- The instruction booklet that comes with this mower is extremely easy to read and understand, therefore making assembly from the box a breeze.
- What little noise does emanate from this mower is very quiet.
- Some buyers have complained that the cutting is uneven and you need to pass over the same area multiple times.
The Bosch AHM 38 is small yet mighty. It will surely keep your small lawn looking clean and tidy all year long.
Fiskars Reel Mower
The Reel Mower from Friskars is a cylinder mower that is perfect for keeping up a smaller lawn. The cutting height is adjustable from 2.5 centimetres to 10 centimetres. The steel blades will last you for years and years to come as well. This model includes a patented chain drive system for increased roller speed and contactless blades for decreased friction when cutting.
The handle that is fitted on this mower is ergonomically shaped for a comfortable pushing experience. The metal handlebars are also covered with a non-slip rubber coating to added safety and comfort. Instead of having two wheels like most cylinder mowers, the Friskars Reel Mower has four. This not only makes it safer to operate, but is also makes it easier to push than comparable models.
- The blades on this particular model are extremely sharp and cut the grass very well; there is no need to go over the same patch of grass twice with this mower.
- Operation of this device is nearly silent.
- The heavy steel blades make the Friskars Reel Mower heavier than competing models.
- Some buyers have complained that the wheels leave tracks in the lawn while it is cutting.
The Friskars Reel Mower is one of the higher-end models that is included on our list. Its sharp blades and sturdy construction make it an excellent purchase for anyone looking to enhance the appearance of their lawn.
WOLF-Garten Cylinder Mower
The WOLF-Garten cylinder mower is an extremely simple lawn mower that is perfect for those who want a no-fuss experience when mowing the lawn. This model boasts five helix shaped carbon steel blades that will remain sharp for years. The cutting height is adjustable and can range anywhere from 10 to 40 millimetres.
This particular model comes fitted with a front grass box to collect your clippings. It has a capacity of 15 litres which can hold clippings from an entire small lawn that it less than 150 square metres in size.
The handle on the WOLF-Garten cylinder mower has soft grips to ensure a comfortable mowing experience. This mower also has a rear width roller which produces those professional stripes on a freshly cut lawn.
- This particular lawn mower is extremely easy to assemble straight from the box. The instructions are super easy to understand and follow.
- This mower is extremely affordable yet feels sturdy and durable while cutting.
- Most buyers remain unimpressed with the grass collector. It does not fully contain the grass clippings and is not very large.
- Some customers have complained that the handle on the WOLF-Garten cylinder mower is flimsy.
The Wolf-Garten cylinder mower is a consistent mower that gives your lawn a professional finish every time. It is lightweight and easy to push, ensuring that you will not tire yourself out from mowing the lawn every weekend.
Overall, the Webb 12-in Push mower is our favourite cylinder mower because of its reliable construction and consistent cutting abilities. It is the perfect purchase for those looking to mow their small lawn on a consistent basis. The design has remained unchanged for decades because if it isn’t broken, there is no need to fix it.