Top 3 Electric Lawn Mowers For Large Gardens
If you have a large garden, an effective lawn mower is a must. Electric lawn mowers are very popular, but a large garden requires either a cordless motor, or a device with a long cable and reach. Fortunately, there are many such options on the market, although this can often make choosing the right option even more difficult as a result. To help, here’s a look at the 3 best electric lawn mowers for large gardens.
Bosch Rotak 43Li Review – Our Number 1
The Bosch Rotak 43 (learn more here!) is designed to offer a stress free solution to all lawn mowing needs. A cordless device, the Rotak offers a great deal of power and practicality. Here’s a closer look at its more unique properties:
- The Rotak 43 Li is a fantastic electric, cordless option. Thanks to its lithium batteries, it can be charged up and ready to go in just 1 hour.
- With a size of 79 x 50 x 49.2 cm, this device is well sized, considering what it is capable of.
- At 13.8 kg, this machine is a little heavy, but the durable wheels and pushing handle make this easy to manage.
- With a 43 cm cutting width, you can easily cut through swathes of grass with ease.
- Similarly, the 50 litre storage tank is great for large gardens, as you don’t end up having to stop and make regular trips to the compost or disposal area.
- This lawn mower also has a fully adjustable height, letting you cut anywhere between 20 and 70 mm in depth.
As you can see, the Rotak 43 offers a lot of value. With a massive storage tank and a large 43 cm cutting blade, even the largest gardens will be no problem. As a cordless option, the Rotak also ensures your lawn mower can go anywhere and cut anything.
Features: 1 Hour Recharge – 50 Litre Storage And Collection – 43cm Cutting Width – 79 x 50 x 49.2cm – 13.8kg
Flymo Turbo 400 Review – Number 2
The Flymo Turbo 400 offers a great deal of flexibility, utilising Flymo’s hover technology to offer a smooth solution suited for larger gardens. It also comes with numerous additional features that add to this products quality, including:
- With a 12 m cable, combined with a 1500 watt motor, this mower can easily reach all corners of any large garden.
- At 8 kg, it is one of the lighter options available for large garden use, making it easy to push around.
- This, of course, is helped by Flymo’s hover technology, which helps offer a weightless feel to the equipment.
- Similarly, it only weights 8 kg to begin with, so you never strain yourself, even when the device is turned off.
- The Flymo Turbo 400 also offers 5 different cutting heights, ranging from 15-41 mm.
- This model can cut with a width of 40 cm, allowing you to cleanly mow large areas of your garden.
- A smaller, 33 cm cutting width variant is also available.
In short, it’s hard to argue with this mower. 5 different cutting settings are more than enough and, with a 40 cm blade, it makes short work of even the largest gardens. It’s lightweight and small, compact design is also appreciated, in case there isn’t much room in your garage or shed.
Features: 1500 Watt Motor – 12m Cable – 40cm Cutting Width – 70 x 54.8 x 34.2cm – 8kg
Pricing: Mid Range
Bosch Rotak 32R Review – Number 3
The Bosch Rotak 32R is a compact device that still manages to offer a lot of impressive features. An a budget solution, the Rotak 32 offers a lot of value for its small price tag. These unique offerings include:
- At 7 kg, this is one of the lightest lawn mowers available for its size.
- With a dimensional size of 35.5 x 6.5 x 6.5, it’s also reasonably sized as well, considering its cutting capabilities.
- The 32 cm cutting width is very much appreciated. It’s large enough to tackle larger gardens easily, while small enough to offer agility and reach in more difficult, angular areas.
- Similarly, the 31 litre storage tank ensures you don’t need to stop too often to empty the tank, even when cutting large gardens and lawns.
Overall, the Rotak 32 is very quick and easy to use. The big storage tank is appreciated when cutting larger gardens as, alongside the 32 cm blade, there is often a lot of grass being cut at any given time.
Features: 31 Litre Storage and Collection – 32cm Cutting Width – 35.5 x 6.5 x 6.5cm – 7kg
After comparing the different options, it’s clear that the top position belongs to the Bosch Rotak. Everything about this design is focused on making the task of mowing the lawn simple, easy and enjoyable. Without any cords or additional hassle, the Rotak has a simple ‘plug in and use’ aspect that is very much appreciated. It also recharges rather easily, so you can do some extensive gardening over the course of one day or weekend. If you have a rather large garden, or simply want to invest in a lawn mower that offers the best quality, the Bosch Rotak certainly has a lot to offer.