Ryobi RLM4617SME Lawn Mower Review
If you’re looking for a high quality petrol lawn mower to help keep your garden in offer, the Ryobi RLM4617SME lawn mower (learn more here!) is one of the best options. This device packs a whole host of additional features, as well as a powerful Subaru engine, that will help make any garden that much more manageable. Let’s take a closer look at how the Ryobi performs.
In terms of design work, a lot of effort has gone into making this device operate as smoothly as possible. Many features are necessary, while many are highly useful options that simply transform the experience.
- With a 175cc engine, you never need to worry about power. What ever the challenge, this lawn mower has a powerful enough motor to push through.
- The 46cm cutting width is greatly appreciated. If you have a large lawn, this allows you to cut down the grass with a minimal amount of movement.
- This is also supported by 7 different cutting heights. These range from 19 to 76mm, allowing you to finely tune and control the finished lawn.
- Similarly, with a 55 litre storage box, you can go for vast distances before you need to empty the tank. This is useful for large gardens, as not having the stop so frequently is a big time saver.
- This storage compartment is supported by a 4-in-1 feature. You can choose to collect the cuttings, eject them via the rear, eject them via the sides or use a plug-in to create mulch. The last option is particularly handy for gardeners that like to compost or recycle their leftovers.
- In terms of storage, this mower is not as big as it first looks, with a size of 89.4 x 56.4 x 51.4cm. This is supported by a collapsible handle, which helps maintain a smaller profile when not in use.
- As a final added touch, there’s a drink holder near the handle. If you’re cutting down a big garden, this is a small addition that actually makes the whole experience much more comfortable.
These features more than justify the mid-range price tag attached to this motor. Whether its the large tank or the adjustable settings, there’s more than enough here to please most gardeners, but how does the mower feel when in use?
Using The Lawn Mower
Straight away, the 175cc motor instantly gives this device a sense of power. It cuts smoothly over the terrain, regardless of what cutting setting you have it on, making for a stress-free solution. Yet all of the extra features attached to this device prove useful throughout the job. The various settings allow greater control, while the large blade and bag simply mean no task is ever too long.
Perhaps more importantly, the 4-in-1 mode allows you to adopt the mower to suit your own needs and gardening style. If you don’t care about collecting cuttings, you can leave them right on the lawn, choosing from a side-eject and rear-eject to suit your preference (most of the time, the side-eject ensures the cuttings aren’t getting on your clothes or feet).
However, you can still use the tub to collect the cuttings if you wish – after all, grass clippings make excellent compost. Likewise, the ability to start producing mulch with relatively little effort is a great feature. If you’re collecting 55 litres worth of organic scraps, you’re going to be making a useful amount of mulch.
Combine this with strong wheels, ergonomic handles and a compact design, and you have a mower that offers plenty of quality and efficiency at the same time.
For this price range, you will struggle to find a more worthwhile lawnmower. Everything has been designed to ensure no area of the lawn is ignored, and the device makes good use of the powerful motor at the core of its design. If you care about your garden, this mower offers one way to ensure it stays in good condition.